We are looking to hire a full-time freelance Accounts Payable Specialist to assist and support the Accounting team of our client, a market-leading eyewear company based in the United States.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for day-to-day processing of Accounts Payable (AP) functions, vendor relationships and assisting Senior Finance officers with other assigned and relevant tasks.
If you have the right experience and are passionate about retail, eyewear, and have the right attitude and skills, then we invite you to apply.
This is a contractual, full-time, freelance managerial position for 3 months and can be done completely from home with a fast Internet connection and the proper equipment and gear.
- College graduate of Accounting or Finance
- CPA a major plus
- At least 2 to 4 years proven Accounts Payable experience
- Has experience in the retail sector and has experience in inventory management and SKUs
- Has experience with Accrual accounting practice and hands-on.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on advanced Excel skills.
- Has experience in Netsuite preferred
- Must be VERY detail oriented and able to provide clear and thorough communication
- Must be organized and a self-starter
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Continuous-improvement minded – understands business processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Has his/her own laptop or desktop computer, headphones, and a decent Internet connection capable of doing voice and video calls. (extra monitor for spreadsheets preferred)
- Has a quiet and distraction-free workspace at home when taking on calls and doing online video meetings.
JOB DESCRIPTION (Scope of Work)
- Managing accounts payable using accounting software and other programs
- Handling accounts payable for separate entities and vendors
- Analyzing workflow processes and suggesting improvements to senior management
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
- Ensuring bills and payroll are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
- Processing due invoices for payments
- Maintaining a professional relationship with vendors, customers or suppliers
- Comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges
- Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling books of accounts
- Checking, updating and managing inventory as needed
- Coordinating with various departments and stakeholders for relevant information and data sharing to get deadlines, orders or payables done.
- New vendor set up and compliance
- Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned and related to above
HOURS OF WORK
- Work from home. FULL-TIME freelance, contractual position
- Guaranteed 8 hours a day shift. 5 days a week.
- Working Schedule 4:00AM to 1:00PM PST USA time. Mondays to Fridays.
- Converted to Philippines time: 8:00 PM to 5:00AM the next day. (This can be adjusted).
- US Holidays off and unpaid
- Any overtime needs to be pre-approved by the client
- Compensation will be paid by the hour in USD but locally converted by the Service Provider (Big Ideas Philippines)
- USD $6.00 to $8.00 per hour based on experience
- Approximately Php 50,000 to Php 70,000 per month gross depending on experience. Rate may vary due to forex rates.
- Monthly pay out
- Deposited to freelancer’s Payoneer account in USD
- Although you will be reporting directly to the designated manager from our client, you will also be reporting to and will be supervised by Big Ideas Social Media Inc, who is the consultant and service provider of the US business.
- Big Ideas will be the one to provide your compensation and other HR and administrative needs locally.
- You will be classified as “Self-Employed” when it concerns legality and taxation.
- You won’t be an employee of our Client or Big Ideas Philippines
- Big Ideas (the agency) will deducted a 5% Expanded Withholding Tax as per PH and BIR laws. (10% if you do not have a COR as Self-Employed from the BIR)
- Contract is subject to an “evaluation period” and subject to contract renewal based on performance of the freelancer.
- This is a 3-month contractual contract subject to renewal based on performance.
- Contract renewal not guaranteed.
HOW TO APPLY
- (IMPORTANT) We will only process applicants who take our pre-employment skills and personality test
- Please click this to take the pre-employment test: CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE TEST
- You will be asked to upload your resume there (Please do so in PDF format and use your full name as the file name)
- Use a laptop or a desktop computer for the test. It cannot be done with your mobile phone.
- Make sure to place your full name and correct e-mail address so we may contact you
- It will take 3-5 working days to process your reports and you will receive them via e-mail
- Due to the volume of applicants, we will prioritize to inform those who have passed. Rest assured that if you do, and if you qualify for the vacancy, you will be contacted.
- If you encounter any technical problems or glitches, please send a report via email to Criteria Customer Support
- Good luck!