We are looking to engage a freelance professional to service our client based in the USA.
Our client is a dynamic and forward-thinking property management company that specializes in multifamily properties that redefine urban living. With a commitment to innovation, service, and community enhancement, they have established themselves as a leader in the industry.
As a PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT, your role is to help manage the day-to-day accounting, recording and updating of property-related books and records.
If you are a strategic and dynamic thinker and have sufficient experience in property accounting and finance, we encourage you to apply.
This is a contractual position as a self-employed freelancer and can be done remotely at home with a fast computer, fast internet connection, a quiet workplace at home and the right gear.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- CPA a big plus
- At least 5+ Years proven Experience in Property Management and/or Accounting
- Proficiency in Quickbooks and AppFolio Property Management Software strongly preferred.
- Advanced experience and knowledge in Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and spoken).
- Strong eye for detail and follow-up
- Has own laptop or computer and workstation at home
- Has a fast, reliable Internet access capable of doing voice, video calls
- Can work independently with minimal supervisionWilling to work graveyard shifts and even weekends, if needed
- Has a quiet and distraction-free workspace at home for voice and video calls / meetings.
JOB DESCRIPTION (SCOPE OF WORK)
- Maintaining, tracking, and reconciling property operations and record keeping in AppFolio Property Management Software;
- Preparing and maintaining accurate and complete monthly financial records for multiple properties on a regulated schedule (e.g., monthly financials due prior to 10th , 15th , 18th , etc. of the month per property owner requirements);
- Assisting with audits or reconciliations;
- Following GAAP policies and procedures for all financials;
- Keeping detailed monthly budget reports for in-house construction projects;
- Maintaining W-9s and certificates of insurance;
- Coordinating with accountants to file 1099s and distribute annually;
- Interfacing with property owners and/or tenants regarding accounting and/or payment issues;
- Obtaining lien releases from subcontractors and vendors during payment processing, as necessary;
- Ensuring timely collection of accounts receivable; and
- Managing employee payroll.
HOURS OF WORK
- Work from home. Full-time freelance, contractual position
- 9AM to 6PAM PACIFIC US Mondays to Fridays
- Daily Breaks: 1 hour
- US Holidays off and unpaid
- Any overtime needs to be pre-approved by the client
- Compensation will be paid by the hour in USD but locally converted by the Service Provider (Big Ideas Philippines)
- USD $7.00 to $9.00 per hour based on experience
- Approximately Php 60,000 to Php 79,000 monthly depending on experience (rate may differ based on Forex rates)
- Monthly pay out
- Deposited to freelancer’s Payoneer account in USD
- Although you will be reporting directly to the designated manager from our client, you will also be reporting to and will be supervised by Big Ideas Social Media Inc, who is the consultant and service provider of the US business.
- Big Ideas will be the one to provide your compensation and other HR and administrative needs locally.
- You will be classified as “Self-Employed” when it concerns legality and taxation.
- You won’t be an employee of our Client or Big Ideas Philippines.
- Big Ideas (the agency) will deducted a 5% Expanded Withholding Tax as per PH and BIR laws. (10% if you do not have a COR as Self-Employed from the BIR).
- Contract is subject to an “evaluation period” and subject to contract renewal based on performance of the freelancer.
- Renewal or raise in compensation is subject to client discretion and is not guaranteed.
HOW TO APPLY
- (IMPORTANT) We will only process applicants who take our pre-employment skills and personality test
- Please click this to take the pre-employment test: CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE TEST
- You will be asked to upload your resume there (Please do so in PDF format and use your full name as the file name)
- Use a laptop or a desktop computer for the test. It cannot be done with your mobile phone.
- Make sure to place your full name and correct e-mail address so we may contact you
- It will take 3-5 working days to process your reports and you will receive them via e-mail
- Due to the volume of applicants, we will prioritize to inform those who have passed. Rest assured that if you do, and if you qualify for the vacancy, you will be contacted.
- If you encounter any technical problems or glitches, please send a report via email to Criteria Customer Support
- Good luck!