We are looking to engage a freelance professional to service our client based in the USA.
Our client is a dynamic and forward-thinking property management company that specializes in multifamily properties that redefine urban living. With a commitment to innovation, service, and community enhancement, they have established themselves as a leader in the industry.
As a REMOTE PROPERTY MANAGER, your role will focus primarily on two departments – Maintenance and Tenant Relations.
This is a contractual position as a self-employed freelancer and can be done remotely at home with a fast computer, fast internet connection, a quiet work-space at home and the right gear.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- 5+ Years proven experience in Property Management.
- Proficiency in AppFolio Property Management Software strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and spoken). Fluency in Spanish is a big plus.
- Leadership experience with the ability to motivate and dictate schedules to local team members, clients and vendors.
- Knowledge of US property repair laws and regulations preferred.
- Strong eye for detail and follow-ups.
- Has a quiet and distraction-free workspace at home to do calls and meetings.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work graveyard shifts and even weekends, if needed (US PST).
- Willing to take a pre-employment assessment test (see below).
- Has his/her own laptop or desktop computer, headphones, and a decent Internet connection capable of doing voice and video calls. (extra monitor for spreadsheets preferred).
- Answer phone calls, emails, texts, and AppFolio messages in a timely manner, demonstrating excellent phone etiquette.
- Route calls and messages to other team members, if necessary.
- Remotely monitor operational aspects of building systems (electricity, plumbing, HVAC, etc.) with help of on-site and field operations team.
- Dispatching team and/or vendors as needed (additional information provided below under Maintenance).
- Provide property management-specific back-office support for field operations team.
- Preparation of tenant-related notices (i.e., notices of entry, 3-day notices to pay or quit, etc.).
- Provide knowledge of city-specific landlord/tenant laws for various scenarios as they arise (i.e., noise violations, breaches of lease agreements, rent increases, etc.).
- Monitoring of changes in local property laws to remain in compliance.
- Continuous monitoring and operation of AppFolio property management software system.
- Create, field, assign, and close out work orders in Appfolio.
- Coordinate with Helix field operations staff and outside contractors for service and repairs.
- Request, review, and submit bids and proposals from vendors.
- Status updates on open/closed/pending work orders as needed.
- Follow up with vendors and/or staff on status of work orders.
- Follow up with tenants on satisfaction with service.
- Input and assist with processing of vendor invoices (with accounting department).
- Follow protocol for effective building-specific maintenance, insurance, and billing procedures.
- Schedule regular site visits for field operations team to inspect property condition on weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Tenant Communications
- Maintain ongoing communication with tenants, landlords, and team.
- Monitor and maintain general tenant satisfaction.
- Call and email tenants to assist Accounting Department with delinquent payment collection.
- Monitor distribution and engagement of FaveMe survey cards for leasing prospects and existing tenants.
- Any other miscellaneous tasks related to the above.
HOURS OF WORK
- Work from home. Full-time freelance, contractual position
- Mondays to Fridays (US), guaranteed 8 hours a day shift:
- 9:00AM to 6:00PM Pacific US Time
- Converted to Manila time, that will be
- 12:00MN to 9:00AM PHT
- Daily Breaks: 1 hour per shift
- US Holidays off and unpaid
- Any overtime needs to be pre-approved by the client
- Compensation will be paid by the hour in USD but locally converted by the Service Provider (Big Ideas Philippines)
- USD $9.00 to $13.00 per hour based on experience
- Approximately Php 75,000 to P112,000 monthly gross depending on Forex rates
- Monthly pay out
- Deposited to freelancer’s Payoneer account in USD
- Although you will be reporting directly to the designated manager from our client, you will also be reporting to and will be supervised by Big Ideas Social Media Inc, who is the consultant and service provider of the US business.
- Big Ideas will be the one to provide your compensation and other HR and administrative needs locally.
- You will be classified as “Self-Employed” when it concerns legality and taxation.
- You won’t be an employee of our Client or Big Ideas Philippines
- Big Ideas (the agency) will deduct a 5% Expanded Withholding Tax as per PH and BIR laws. (10% if you do not have a COR, Certificate of Registration as Self-Employed from the BIR)
- Contract is subject to an “evaluation period” and subject to contract renewal based on performance of the freelancer.
- Renewal or raise in compensation is subject to client discretion and is not guaranteed.
HOW TO APPLY
- (IMPORTANT) We will only process applicants who take our pre-employment skills and personality test
- Please click this to take the pre-employment test: CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE TEST
- You will be asked to upload your resume there (Please do so in PDF format and use your full name as the file name)
- Use a laptop or a desktop computer for the test. It cannot be done with your mobile phone.
- Make sure to place your full name and correct e-mail address so we may contact you
- It will take 3-5 working days to process your reports and you will receive them via e-mail
- Due to the volume of applicants, we will prioritize to inform those who have passed. Rest assured that if you do, and if you qualify for the vacancy, you will be contacted.
- If you encounter any technical problems or glitches, please send a report via email to Criteria Customer Support
- Good luck!