We are looking for an accounting professional to join the Finance and Accounting team of our client – a real estate company based in the USA.
As HOA Property Accountant, you will be reporting directly to the Director of Finance and assist in month-end closing, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, resident billings, and other general accounting processes of the company.
This is a full time, contractual freelancer position while working at home. We are looking for someone with a strong accounting background and has experience with accounting work for a similar company or industry.
This is a 3-month contractual position as a self-employed freelancer (subject to renewal based on performance) and can be done remotely at home with a fast computer, fast internet connection, a quiet place at home with the proper gear and office supplies.
- Month-end Close Process:
- Reconcile bank account activity weekly and post monthly reconciliation
- Review general ledger for reclasses
- Update insurance payment schedules
- Balance Sheet Accounts Reconciliation:
- Review A/R, A/P, Prepaid fees reports
- Investigate variances
- Ensure loan statement balances tie to loan statement
- Financial Reporting:
- Compile monthly reporting package to clients
- Resident Billing:
- Upload tenant charges for utilities monthly/quarterly
- Update tenant ledgers per property manager guidance
- Bill Payments:
- Triage payment of invoices twice a week thru our payment portal
- Triage special vendor payments upon direction of the property manager as needed.
- Reserve transfers:
- Ensure monthly 10% reserve transfers are executed
- Administer withdraws from reserve to triage large bills
- Budget and Forecast:
- Draft Budget templates for Property Managers to draft annual budgets
- Assist in budgeting utilities, contracted payments, and Insurance
- Ensure budgets are properly entered in AppFolio
- Other Responsibilities: Support the Accounting Team with special projects and perform ad hoc accounting analysis and projects as assigned.
- Cash Management:
- Review cash balances monthly and engage property management team to bill special assessments or condo fee increases
- At least 2 or more years proven experience as an Accountant or bookkeeper
- Working Knowledge of AppFolio or Yardi (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Comfortable interacting professionally with Company’s Slack platform
- Advanced Excel knowledge (Index-Match, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables, etc)
- Expert skills and experience in various ERP systems (AppFolio Preferred)
- Must be VERY detail oriented and able to handle a large volume of transactions daily
- Must be organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to adapt, take on new responsibilities, and follow detailed processes
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Has his/her own laptop or desktop computer, headphones, and a decent Internet connection capable of doing voice and video calls. (extra monitor for spreadsheets preferred)
HOURS OF WORK
- Work from home. Full-time freelance, contractual position
- Mondays to Fridays 8 hours a day, 4AM to 1PM EST US Time
- Converted to Manila time, that will be 4PM to 1AM PHT
- Daily Breaks: 1 hour
- US Holidays off and unpaid
- Any overtime needs to be pre-approved by the client
- Compensation will be paid by the hour in USD but locally converted by the Service Provider (Big Ideas Philippines)
- USD $9.00 to $13.00 per hour based on experience
- Approximately Php 77,000 to Php 110,000 monthly gross depending on Forex rates
- Monthly pay out
- Deposited to freelancer’s Payoneer account in USD
- Although you will be reporting directly to the designated manager from our client, you will also be reporting to and will be supervised by Big Ideas Social Media Inc, who is the consultant and service provider of the US business.
- Big Ideas will be the one to provide your compensation and other HR and administrative needs locally.
- You will be classified as “Self-Employed” when it concerns legality and taxation.
- You won’t be an employee of our Client or Big Ideas Philippines
- Big Ideas (the agency) will deducted a 5% Expanded Withholding Tax as per PH and BIR laws. (10% if you do not have a COR, Certificate of Registration from the BIR, as Self-Employed from the BIR)
- Contract is subject to an “evaluation period” and subject to contract renewal based on performance of the freelancer.
- Renewal or raise in compensation is subject to client discretion and is not guaranteed.
HOW TO APPLY
- (IMPORTANT) We will only process applicants who take our pre-employment skills and personality test
- Please click this to take the pre-employment test: CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE TEST
- You will be asked to upload your resume there (Please do so in PDF format and use your full name as the file name)
- Use a laptop or a desktop computer for the test. It cannot be done with your mobile phone.
- Make sure to place your full name and correct e-mail address so we may contact you
- It will take 3-5 working days to process your reports and you will receive them via e-mail
- Due to the volume of applicants, we will prioritize to inform those who have passed. Rest assured that if you do, and if you qualify for the vacancy, you will be contacted.
- If you encounter any technical problems or glitches, please send a report via email to Criteria Customer Support
- Good luck!