We are looking for a freelancer to be a part-time Digital Content Specialist for our US client in the tech industry. The role primarily involves researching, collating, curating, preparing, and writing the daily tech newsletter which has a focus on daily AI (artificial intelligence) news and emerging technologies. We need someone with superb English speaking and writing skills, who is tech-savvy and has a working knowledge of the topics of the newsletter.
If you are highly self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, adaptable, collaborative and resourceful, with excellent research and writing skills then you are the right fit for the role.
This is a contractual, part-time freelance position initially with a trial period of 3 months and can be done completely from home with a laptop computer, proper gear, and fast internet connection.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree of any 4-year course. Writing or computer-related preferred.
- Proven experience as a writer, content specialist or tech blogger/journalist. 2+ years of experience in those fields are minimum requirements.
- Experience with the tech sector and knowledge of the latest products, trends, companies – preferably within the AI space.
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Has a working knowledge of image post processing and can work the tools for this (Photoshop, Canva, etc)
- Highly proficient with Google Suite / Google Workspace (Calendar, Slides, Docs, organizing drive folders, etc.)
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Proactive, self-motivate, willing to make decisions, and can work with minimal supervision
- Has own laptop or desktop computer and has a stable, fast and reliable internet connection at home capable of doing voice and video calls
- Willing to work graveyard shifts, can take overtimes and flexible hours/schedule (US PST time)
SCOPE OF WORK (JOB DESCRIPTION)
- Daily research and collation of possible topics and news items regarding AI and AI-related technologies.
- Scouring the web to search for the top relevant daily topics via Twitter, Discord, newsletter, news apps, and other provided and suggested resources and sites.
- Composing the newsletter with a specified format and writing summaries of the daily topics in an entertaining and engaging way.
- Finding and selecting relevant images and compositing them into the newsletter
- Organizing files, resources and notes via online collaboration & newsletter tools. If you do not have experience with the specific tools, you will be trained.
- Reporting regularly to the owner (client) on progress, and other related tasks to the above.
In the future, helping to grow the newsletter by finding subscribers, running ads, and securing and organizing advertisers and sponsors.
- Other incidental and miscellaneous activities and tasks related to the above.
- Work from home. Part-time freelancer, contractual position
- 8am to 12pm PH Time Mondays to Fridays (or 5:00pm to 9:00pm Pacific Time US)
- 4 hours guaranteed shift per day
- US Holidays are off and unpaid
- Any overtime needs to be pre-approved by the client
- Compensation will be paid by the hour in USD but locally converted by the Service Provider (Big Ideas Philippines)
- USD $8.00 to $10.00 per hour based on experience
- Monthly pay out
- Deposited to freelancer’s Payoneer account.
- Although you will be reporting directly to the designated manager from our client, you will also be reporting to and being supervised by Big Ideas Social Media Inc, who is the consultant and service provider of the US business.
- Big Ideas will be the one to provide your compensation and other administrative needs locally.
- You will be classified as “Self-Employed” when it concerns legality and taxation.
- Big Ideas (the agency) will deduct a 5% Expanded Withholding Tax as per PH and BIR laws. (10% if you do not have a COR as a self-employed taxpayer).
- Contract is subject to an “evaluation period” for 3 months and subject to contract renewal based on performance of the freelancer.
- Renewal or raise in compensation is subject to client discretion and is not guaranteed.
HOW TO APPLY
- (IMPORTANT) We will only process applicants who take our pre-employment skills and personality test
- Please click this to take the pre-employment test: CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE TEST
- You will be asked to upload your resume there (Please do so in PDF format and use your full name as the file name)
- Use a laptop or a desktop computer for the test.
- Make sure to place your full name and correct e-mail address so we may contact you
- It will take 3-5 working days to process your reports and you will receive them via e-mail
- Due to the volume of applicants, we will prioritize to inform those who have passed. Rest assured that if you do, and if you qualify for the vacancy, you will be contacted.
- If you encounter any technical problems or glitches during the test, please send a report to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Good luck!