We are looking for a full-time senior accounting professional to join the Finance and Accounting team of a fast-growing beauty company based in the USA.
As an Accounting Manager, you will be reporting directly to the Accounting Head and assist in month-end closing, balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow management, audit preparation, system implementations, and other general accounting processes of the company.
This is a full time, contractual freelancer position while working at home. We are looking for someone with a strong accounting background and has experience with accounting work for a similar company or industry.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 4 or more years proven experience as an Senior Accountant or working on a managerial, Finance role.
- CPA a major plus
- Experience in a retail or healthcare / beauty industry a plus
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced Excel knowledge (Index-Match, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables, etc)
- Expert skills and experience in Netsuite and other various ERP systems
- Must be able to do daily graveyard shift
- Must be VERY detail oriented and able to handle a large volume of transactions daily
- Must be organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to adapt, take on new responsibilities in a senior role
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Pro-active and has initiative
- Has his/her own laptop or desktop computer, headphones, and a decent Internet connection capable of doing voice and video calls. (extra monitor for spreadsheets preferred)
SCOPE OF WORK (JOB DESCRIPTION)
- Month-end Close Process: Prepare journal entries related to cash receipts and undeposited funds, accounts payable, cash disbursements, payroll, accrued expenses, aggregate customer billings, prepaid amortization, deferred rent, depreciation expenses, misc journal entries, etc.
- Balance Sheet & I/S Accounts Reconciliation: Complete account reconciliations and analyze general ledger activity, including both balance sheet & income statement accounts.
- Commission: Calculate monthly sales rep commission, invoice entry, and setup for payment
- Reconcile Shopify Revenue & Deferred
- Cash Management: Assist Accounting Manager in daily banking requirements and prepare daily & weekly cash forecast reports for cash planning and investment.
- Banking: Record Monthly cash inflows and outflows and perform bank reconciliations.
Financial Reporting: Prepare monthly Profit and Loss statements, and balance sheets, and statement of equity
- Annual Financial Audit: Assist in the annual financial audit process and prepare work papers and audit schedules as assigned
- Internal Control: Assist Accounting Manager in assessing financial internal controls including risk assessments and review of risk areas. Assist in documenting Accounting policies and procedures and implementing financial internal controls and best practices
- System Implementation: Assist the Accounting Head in the system selection process, implementation, and upgrade of various accounting systems; perform data verification and migration as needed.
- Process Improvement: Monitor and analyze Accounting workflows to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Budget and Forecast: Support the department’s budget and forecast activities and assist in monthly budget vs actual analysis
- Other Responsibilities: Support the Accounting Manager with special projects and maintain capital fixed asset schedules and deferred rent schedules, and perform ad hoc accounting analysis and projects as assigned. Serve as backup to staff accountants and other finance/accounting staff.
- Work from home. Full-time freelancer, contractual position
- 9:00AM to 6:00PM (EST) Mondays to Fridays
- Daily Breaks: 1 hour
- US Holidays are off and unpaid
- Any overtime needs to be pre-approved by the client
- USD $8.00 to $12.00 per hour based on experience
- Monthly pay out
- Deposited to freelancer’s Payoneer account.
- Although you will be reporting directly to the designated manager from our client, you will also be reporting to and being supervised by Big Ideas Social Media Inc, who is the consultant and service provider of the US business.
- Big Ideas will be the one to provide your compensation and other administrative needs locally.
- You will be classified as “Self-Employed” when it concerns legality and taxation.
- Big Ideas (the agency) will deduct a 5% Expanded Withholding Tax as per PH and BIR laws. (10% if you do not have a COR as a self-employed taxpayer).
- Contract is subject to an “evaluation period” and subject to contract renewal based on performance of the freelancer.
- Renewal or raise in compensation is subject to client discretion and is not guaranteed.
HOW TO APPLY
- (IMPORTANT) We will only process applicants who take our pre-employment skills and personality test
- Please click this to take the pre-employment test: CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE TEST
- You will be asked to upload your resume there (Please do so in PDF format and use your full name as the file name)
- Use a laptop or a desktop computer for the test.
- Make sure to place your full name and correct e-mail address so we may contact you
- It will take 3-5 working days to process your reports and you will receive them via e-mail
- Due to the volume of applicants, we will prioritize to inform those who have passed. Rest assured that if you do, and if you qualify for the vacancy, you will be contacted.
- If you encounter any technical problems or glitches, please send a report to he**@cr**********.com
- Good luck!