ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST FOR A US-BASED CLIENT (WORK FROM HOME)
Our US-based client is seeking for an experienced and strong Accounting Specialist to help manage and stabilize our rapid growth in multiple industries. This position will report directly to the Interim Controller & Accountant and will be responsible for assisting with the bookkeeping, month end close, and researching sales and inventory history, and ad hoc reports.
The Accounting Specialist ensures efficient and accurate recording and reconciling financial transactions, including all payments received, banking and credit card transactions. He or she will be responsible for entering daily transactions, reconciling source documents to transactions, reconciling accounts, and providing analytical support efficient record keeping for the Accounting department. This role is entirely remote, but will require daily communication with the Operations team and the Accounting team.
- Graduate of Accounting degree or relevant financial field.
- 3-5 Years accounting and bookkeeping experience
- 1-3 years of experience in Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable
- Must be VERY detail oriented and able to handle a large volume of transactions daily
- Must be organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to adapt, take on new responsibilities, and follow detailed processes
- Xero or QuickBooks Online Experience
- Strong Debit and Credit knowledge
- Demonstrates strong written skills and is able to provide detailed updates to the finance team
- High competency (intermediate – advanced) skills in Excel
- Daily communication via Skype, Slack, & Phone
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and communicate effectively to achieve organizational goals
- Online retail and experience with inventory accounting is preferred
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Willing to work US hours, graveyard shift
- Owns a computer or laptop and has fast DSL internet connection
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (JOB DESCRIPTION)
- Data entry/acceptance in Xero Online
- Enter vendor Purchase Orders, Item Receipts, Bills
- Post and reconcile Daily Sales Receipts
- Enter Banking and Credit Card Transactions
- Daily, Weekly, & Monthly Reconciliations
- Assist and complete Balance Sheet Reconciliations and Cash Flows
- View, Match, and verify source documentation to sales & inventory data
- Assist with month-end close processes
- Maintain organized filing system, (mostly electronic) according to proper record retention policies
- Maintain inventory logs and reconcile daily
- Assist with the operations of the company when needed and be proactive about learning the business
- Provide insight and suggestions on process improvement and accounting efficiency
- Assist with production of monthly financial statements
- Code invoices to the proper GL accounts Initiate check runs
- Correspond with Vendors and respond to inquiries
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Monday to Friday 7:00 PM to 3:00 AM (Manila time) and with some days on shift BETWEEN 11:00 PM to 8:00 AM (Manila time)
- Weekends and U.S. holidays off.
- Although you will be reporting directly to the US Client (Controller and President), you will also be reporting to and be supervised by the BPO Manager locally here in the Philippines.
- Contract is subject to a 3 to 6 month “evaluation period” and subject to contract renewal based on performance of the employee.
- Monthly Salary: Php25,000
- This will be paid in full monthly (less any wire or bank transfer fees) and you will be in-charge in declaring income for your own taxes.
- Interested applicants may send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com